All of us want accessibility to healthy plants.
Sourcing and purchasing native species is a delightful experience, yet can be a frustrating quest. So many retail garden stores or mail order websites have a small section of native plants or have the these plants mixed with the perennials.
Remember consumers drive the products retailers carry– so always ask the vendor for native plants!
Here is a list of places to buy native plants in Colorado and northern New Mexico:
- Agua Fria Nursery, Santa Fe
- Chelsea Nursery, Grand Junction
- Fort Collins Nursery, Fort Collins
- Gulley’s, Fort Collins
- Harlequin’s Gardens, Boulder
- Phelan Gardens, Colorado Springs
- Plants of the Southwest, Santa Fe
- Urban Roots, Denver @ City Park Farmers Market (May-Oct)
- Waterwise Gardening, Santa Fe
Seasonal Plant Sales
- Colorado Native Plant Society
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- High Plains Environmental Center, Loveland