Xeriscape Garden Party and Pollinator Plant Swap
Saturday, June 17, 2023 9am – Noon
Xeriscape Demonstration Garden
300 La Porte Ave, Ft. Collins
Join us for our second annual pollinator plant swap event at the Fort Collins’ Xeriscape Garden Party. All gardening levels will find some treasure at this FREE event where community makes it happen. Share your propagation successes or dig and donate those volunteer seedlings that occurred naturally in your garden bed. Learn about plant and pollinator connections as you select pollinator friendly plants for YOUR garden objectives with the help of volunteers and expo participants. Nothing to swap? No problem! There will be plenty of plants on hand and volunteers to help. Please bring your own bag, basket, tray or box to transport your plants home.
Swaps rely on volunteer participation. Check these opportunities out and follow the links.
1. If you want, donate pollinator plants – This is our second plant swap and we hope prior swap recipients are inspired to help in this movement by completing the cycle and bringing some of your plant reproductions to share. This is a wonderful opportunity to “share it forward” and expand the plant supply for new native and pollinator plant gardeners!
Please follow these general guidelines:
- Label Plants
- The plant’s botanical (Latin) names
- The plant’s common name
- Your first initial and last name
- Only donate plants that are grown chemical-free and are NOT listed on the Colorado Dept. of Agriculture’s noxious weed list.
- Donation drop off options:
- Bring plant donations when you come, but we love to get them out early on swap day so more people can “shop” them.
2. Supplies: Have extra 2”-4″ pots you can donate? Bring them to the swap!
3. Volunteer at the swap event. Your experience and your helping hands make a big difference. Sign up HERE to volunteer. We’ll need volunteers for three shifts over two days.
- Load up seedlings for transport – Friday, June 16 (one shift)
- Event – Saturday, June 17 (two shifts)